About The Venue
National Acts. Intimate Setting. Ocean Views.
Opened in November 2009, and heralded as the “best live music venue on Boston’s North Shore,” Blue Ocean Music Hall on Salisbury Beach is a state-of-the-art oceanfront venue showcasing top national and regional artists, solo artists, stand up comedy and more. Blue Ocean Music Hall presents musicians in a wide range of genres, from rock and R&B, to jazz and country. With close to 100 concerts annually, performers have included Toad the Wet Sprocket, Gin Blossoms, Dispatch, Little River Band, Three Dog Night, Southside Johnny, Marshall Tucker Band, Kansas, The Outlaws, Little Feat, Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad, March Cohn, Peter Wolf, Dave Mason, Comedians Amy Schumer, Bob Marley, and many more.
Blue Ocean Music Hall At A Glance
- State-of-the-art, year round 6,000 square foot entertainment venue
- Intimate Music Hall atmosphere where most seats are within 50 feet of the stage
- Meyer Line Array sound system and digital LED stage lighting effects
- Oceanfront location with panoramic views of the Atlantic
- Flexible seating for 480 patrons; standing room for up to 700 for general admission shows
- Easily accessible from I-95 and I-495, 1 hour from Boston, MA, 1 hour from Portland, ME
- Located in beach center merchant area with nearby restaurants and bars
- Seated shows offer table service plus two walk-up full bars
- Menu featuring appetizers and sandwiches, offered at most shows
Salisbury Beach History
Since the turn of the century, hundreds of thousands of people have flocked to Salisbury Beach to enjoy the seaside, dine and see the country’s top entertainers. Within steps of Blue Ocean Music Hall – at dance halls like the Ocean Echo and The Frolics nightclub – Tony Bennett, Frankie Avalon, Liberace, Louis Armstrong and many other headlining artists thrilled audiences for weeks at time. In the 1970s and 80s, popular bands including Aerosmith and The Fools performed at the Beach Club inside Blue Ocean Event Center, now home to Seaglass Restaurant and Blue Ocean Music Hall.